Wednesday, March 05, 2014

.:smell the roses:.

I can feel it in the tip of my toes (which are not freezing anymore, hooray!), in the light through the windows until long past five, in the branches of the trees filling up with red sprouts, and in the smell from the gardens... spring is knocking on the door and I just can't wait to let it come...

the idea of new beginnings always gets me excited and hopeful, no matter what... guess I am a dreamer through and through (little john knew best)... our carnival ended with no great accomplishments, just a high fever in a really tiny person... luckily she got over it pretty fast... call it luck, the first sign of anything close to the flu since our arrival...


mardi gras spent attending to a sweet little lady in distress, and the evening with pizza and 'castagnole' and our friends beer... pretty low key, nice talk, great non-food and a cozy place (nothing better than a night at home with company, so that you can get into your pajamas as soon as your guests are out the door, that is comfy)...

it is funny how sth fruitful always comes up when you are talking to a friend, no matter how often you see this person or not, there is always loads to talk about... but the wow moment goes for the discovery of science in a fun way to do with the tiny P... did you know that you can deviate the water flow from a tap using your average ballpoint pen without touching the water itself?!? I know, when you get the pieces together it is really duh..., but I would never have thought of using static in such a fun way (apart from making my daughter's hair stand on end with balloons... hihihi...)

which takes us back to her (always! I am kind of crazy for her, you know, so be patient...)... today I made up for the lost last day of carnival, a little fun inside with my recovering little lady... she enjoyed herself, I had fun watching her and let's call it a day...


and now, on with the prep for the chocolate feast... let the games begin! ^^


No comments:

Post a Comment