Friday, April 11, 2014

..surprise, surprise:.

or the heading could go sth like: why you shouldn't underestimate your toddler's assessment of a given situation, but the it would have been a tiny bit too long...

we are talking about the slide drama here... guess you remember my daughter sudden dread of the slide... she started screaming and crying to come back down through the stairs and get away as fast as if the cookie monster were hunting her down to get hold of the last chocolate biscuit...you get the scenario, not that pretty... the thing has been going on through about 2 weeks, and today I finally decided to take the matter in my own hands...

what was a good mamma (who is trying desperately to teach her daughter to be brave) to do? only one way out, get up there in the slide, hoping against hope that I was not that fat as to make the whole thing come crumbling down, and show my little girl it was a fun harmless game... ha!

so there I go climbing the stairs in an awkward hunchback posture not to hit the ceiling all the way to the platform... she was safely watching me from the floor... and then I told her: "visto? adesso basta sedersi e scivolare."(see? now all you gotta do is sit down and slide)... ha, silly me... as I got closer to the wood bars that refrain kids from throwing themselves down head first I noticed some movement... and the some buzz... and when I saw them I guess one thought only crossed my mind: FLEE!!!

yep! picture me stumbling down the steps arms flailing, fire track on the ground and all the lot... ok, it wasn't that dramatic because I'm trying to teach my daughter bravery, remember? and I'm not that failure of a role model (not the best either, but anyway)... to be faithful to the description I started backpedalling when I understood what was hidden there in the slide house... WASPS!!! and it is not like two or three lost boring flying monsters who decided to take a panoramic route... they were dozens of wasps happily settled there, wanting to go nowhere else...

now, why my daughter spotted then a couple of weeks ago still these bigger kids are glad to go through the wasps wrath just to slide a bit...thx, but no... no risking my neck (or mu daughter's) for the sake of ephemeral amusement...

No comments:

Post a Comment