Saturday, June 14, 2014

.:football time:.

hey there again, everybody!

let's say I like football... I like F1 races... I'm currently not following one or the other... I guess for the first time in my life I watched a match of Brazil not having watched any previous games of 10 out of 11 players in field... soooo, I am not that well informed about the whole on goings of this competition, still, I like watching a good game...

but what I saw yesterday playing for Brazil was a group of scared post teens, panicking about losing the match and igniting the spark that started over a year ago... not fair... not fair on them... not fair on those who like watching games... they should be able to do their thing without having to worry about the effects it would have on the outside crowd waiting for a good excuse to wrack havoc... not fair that the people outside the stadiums couldn't express their dissatisfaction without being hurt by the ones supposed to be defending them... not fair that the same people who wouldn't volunteer to help with the games now don't own up to it and blame the organizers for a most off-putting opening that depended on volunteers to work out all right... 

that out of the way, let's talk game... I had planed a lesson to be held at the time of the game... (yeah, I know, stones over here! I'll see if I can collect enough to build a fire pit... ;) amazingly enough, the student contacted me (*kind of desperately, if I may say so... hihihihi) at the break of dawn in Brazil to tell me we had forgotten about the game when settling the schedule... Erm, sorry, but no, I hadn't forgotten... but if it is that important for you we can postpone the lesson... *and I could hear the unsaid "teacher, I love you to bits and pieces, you've just saved my green and yellow beating heart" hanging in the air... 

so, what was supposed to be a low-key friendly meeting to watch the opening, drink some beer, and bide our farewells turned into a pizza/beer/ice-cream filled night of chatting and cheering and singing and laughing... from a group of 5 the only lady was not the least informed about the rules and whatsoever of football matches... yes, the one man who asked the typical female questions like: "but Brazil is the one in red, right?" was properly abused on... with my help... ;)

not really into talking about all this, but couldn't ignore the urge having just talked about it during the lesson.. I know, great opportunity to work on vocab and reinforce sequencers... I'll try to get out of the hot topic on the next post... 


ps.: really, I feel like telling my garden: "who's your daddy?" 
ha, take that suicide greenery that finds my house and decides it is a good place to come die in... HA! look, I've got plants and they are alive!!! those pots have remained buried in the garage for an entire year after having endured autumn and winter with no water (and the following spring as well), no seeds, no fertilizer and no care... 
and look what I've got!!! (onze horas!) I know, I know, I'm the queen of the plants who makes everything bloom... only that this was practically the only vase I wasn't trying to keep alive... still, it sprout a blossom, and I'm incredible at making things grow (on their own with no supervision whatsoever... ) ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment