Tuesday, July 08, 2014

.:musicography - part 7:.

This week I'm hooked on practicality Vs imagination... my husband and in-laws are all for the get-things-done-and-be-over-with-it approach (so is my father and my sister for that matter)... I'm more for a amaze-yourself-with-the-little-bug-climbing-ip-your-windowsill-and-make-a-picture/painting/song-about-it kind of thinking... yeah, I feel kind of left out not having any supporters in the family... but, hey, there's the pea... 

I try to inspire this kind of resolution in her life because if not to be lived, what is life for, right? the way I see it, you can get stuck in a traffic jam going to work and be all crampy about it, or you can walk/drive/ride with good company enjoying the world around you... so time is only a frame... and for children that is truer than ever... which brings us to taking the pea to school (or wherever we need to go)...

When in rio, my father would scold me for taking time to let my daughter look around... he would tell me we would never get anywhere if I stopped to let her touch/smell/watch/question everything she saw in the way... my answer? the rest can wait... I used to work mornings, far from her, and she was but 1 y.o. and I missed so the chance of unlimited time with her... 

Now what I do to try and remedy the short time we have is to allocate time for the awe factor... because people should always allow time to marvel (sorry about it, DC... kkk pun not inteded initially)... anywho, wherever we need to go, we leave with a minimun 30 extra minutes to spare... and then we can take it slow and enjoy life, not only rush through it... 

I wish you that much extra time to live, instead of existing... ;)

and the song, from the only pop french band I know (thx to my broommate) to remember the days in brighton with the funniest group of mostly french classmates anyone could wish for... ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment